Sunday, June 28, 2009

Changes, changes, changes...

I will be doing more hospital medicine soon- two weeks out of every eight weeks. I am going to enjoy the contact and hopefully, the intellectual satisfaction of working with housestaff and medical students; but I wonder what it will do for my access. I am sure I will find out soon enough, but the opportunity to work close to home, at least for a fortnight was too good to pass up.
And talking about acess, all my patients can probably see me the day they would like to see me and that is not the case for my son's pediatrician; I had to wait a month for a well child appointment and it took him about two hours to see my kid and I was more than happy to see the nurse practitioner that was offerred. I cannot believe how much I dislike going to the pediatrician- not very good for my kids.

No comments: