Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thoughts on days off

We just went on a family vacation, tagged on to work travel for dear husband. In the past traveling tagalong with him has not been fun. As a full time worker,living with the children all the hours of the day in somewhat unpredictable circumstances (due to travel) can lead to a lot of angst in me. Recently, things have been way better as I expect things to go wrong and lead the kids with a long leash, metaphorically speaking. I also expect way less from DH as the trips where we go tagalong are work trips for him.
I have been dying to go to Yosemite National Park and it was wonderful to go visit, what was less wonderful was the inability of the children, especially the younger one to hike. He would sit down in the parking lot, bawling out his resentment. Boy, that drove me crazy. I did manage to get some enjoyment from the trip- at least I saw the waterfall, El Capitan and Half Dome but I cannot wait to go back again, preferably on my own so that I can visit calmly on my own terms and with my own agenda.

No comments: